Voting

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My latest cakes!

I thought I would post a couple of my latest cakes. Cake decorating has become my newest hobby! I love it. It is so relaxing and so much fun to see the reaction people have with them. I can't wait to take some classes so I will really know what I am doing. We tried to plan out a group class a few months back, but we couldn't seem to work around everyone's schedule, so I am going to try to take them on my own. I am hoping to sell a few cakes to make back the money I have spent on materials and tools before I invest any more though. Hope you guys enjoy them!

This cake was made for Kit Stockton for her husband's birthday. Brad is a big Tennessee fan and they have a kitty named Gizmo. This is what I came up with when she asked me to combine the two. I did a wood grain floor and tried to make it appear to be a Tennessee blanket with a kitty on top. I was really proud of how it turned out.



This is a cake I made just for fun. I had wanted to play around and practice and had originally planned for Nathan to take it to work with him so it could get eaten. After seeing my design, he decided it was just a little too girlie to take with him, so I took it to my MDO teachers meeting. Everyone really seemed to like it.



I watched a video on youtube for details on how to make this bow. I think it turned out okay for my first go!



I have a cake to make for this Saturday. It is to be a Star Trek themed cake. I still have no clue as to what I am going to do. I will post a picture as soon as it is made.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my nelly these are SOOO STINKIN CUTE!! Seriously, you are so talented with this.. go with it!! They look awesome.. I need a Roll Tide Cake!!

    ReplyDelete